Want to help out MarijuanaRates.com and make it more useful for you? Hop over to our Patreon page and pledge!
For just $1 per month you’ll help us do things like hire staff, work on development, build an app and create more content.
Our goal at MarijuanaRates.com
What if you could find the best deals on cannabis products near you, AND easily purchase those products all in one spot? That’s our long-term goal.
Who we are:
We’re two veterans of the personal finance industry who are enthusiastic about the medicinal (and recreational) advantages of cannabis. For a long time, we heard complaints from friends and family who were having trouble comparing and finding the best deals. And we wanted a place that would allow anyone to compare and easily find medical and recreational cannabis products in their area. So in 2014, we created MarijuanaRates.com with the goal of making location-based cannabis comparison as easy as possible. We (humbly) think we’ve done a great job so far.
Check out our cannabis comparison tool below:
Now it’s 2017 and thousands of people come to MR every month to use our cannabis price comparison tool and read about the latest deals. We love where the site has gone. But we want to go further.
What we’re aiming for:
- We want to continue to make MR even more helpful for medical and recreational users. That means not only making it easier for you to find the best prices and deals in your area, but to make the buying process easier as well.
- We need MR to be self-sustaining. We’re looking to grow, and unfortunately, hugs won’t do the trick. So we need all the backing we can get.
Here’s what we’ll use the money for:
- Staff: We need someone to help us find and include dispensaries in our database, help us create relevant and timely content, do reviews, maintain our database and a bunch of other little things.
- Web development: We’re looking to add new site features, correct some existing flaws and make your experience even better. And since it’s a website, there’s plenty of ongoing maintenance. Our coding skills are limited, so we have to hire an outside developer.
- App development: We’re in the process of developing an app that, we hope, will make your life as a cannabis-consumer much easier and cheaper. You’ll be able to find what you want when you want, compare, and buy seamlessly.
- Legal advice: We need legal help to navigate through the murky landscape of cannabis law. And lawyers aren’t cheap.
- Mailchimp: We like to email you when there are great deals in your area. But our email list is growing and it’s starting to require more cashola.
- More content: We aim to post the most relevant and useful content we possibly can. And while we love creating content, it’s pretty time consuming. We’re not just talking blog posts here. We’re thinking podcasts, videos, graphics, and more!
- Us: Eating and keeping the lights on are the main goals here.